Friday, April 24, 2009

Dinner by the beach: El Pescador

Last weekend was a really nice weekend in San Diego, so on Saturday I went to La Jolla Cove to do some reading a little before sunset. Afterwards, I walked up to Pearl St. to El Pescador, a seafood market/restaurant. It was completely packed. I'd been there once before, for lunch when my parents were in town. At the time, I'd gotten a grilled fish taco and a clam chowder, both very good and fresh.

This time I got the grilled Cajun snapper plate, which came with a salad and rice. I also ordered avocado for the side, which they forgot to give me, and I didn't realize until I was almost done! The fish was really fresh and flavorful. I was sitting by some people having salmon burgers which also looked really delicious.


Delicious cajun snapper.

The avocado that came when I was almost finished!

There's something really great about having a simple grilled fish or a fish sandwich, and that's it, and the seafood here really is quite good. You can also take raw stuff for home, and they also sell shellfish, shrimp, chowder, and stuff like seaweed salad and ceviches. Really good.


El Pescador
627 Pearl St
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858) 456-2526

0 comments:

Post a Comment