Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Picnicing out East: K's Sandwiches and Julian's Cafe and Bakery

On our way to Borrego Springs, we picked up K's Sandwiches to picnic later. I got the K's Special, which is the combo anywhere else. I've heard that K's is one of the best bahn mi in SD so I've been meaning to try it. The place is big, and has a large menu of shakes. I got an avocado shake, which was really yummy. The sandwich itself was okay... it could have used a little more pate and I missed having sriracha, though the bread was nice. It was good, but unremarkable. I liked it though, but not so much more that I'd make the drive out there all the time. I'm pretty happy with Cali Baguette near me!



On our way back from Borrego Springs, we went to Julian for apple pie. We wanted to go to Mom's but it was closed, so we went to Julian's Cafe. It was so good! I thought people were exaggerating when they said the apple pie there was amazing, but it actually was! It wasn't too sweet, the apples were perfect in texture (not too soft but not too firm), and the fact that you could choose to have a crumb crust instead of pastry crust was awesome! It was really one of the best apple pies I've ever had!


Definitely try the apple pie in Julian if you haven't already!


K's Sandwiches
7604 Linda Vista Rd
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 278-8961

Julian's Cafe and Bakery
2112 Main St
Julian, CA 92036
(760) 765-2712

0 comments:

Post a Comment