Thursday, June 18, 2009

Eastern Comfort Food: Pho Ca Dao

I love Vietnamese food. Seriously. So I've been meaning to try Pho Ca Dao in Rolando for a long time now. It's right across the street from Cali Baguette, and I've always been curious about it. So the other day, I decided to bite the bullet and go in, asking for a table of one.

It was already packed, with both Vietnamese and non-Vietnamese. The menu looked impressive to me -- a lot of other good options besides just pho (the Hue noodles caught my eye, but that'll have to be for next time). I decided to go simple: combo pho and shrimp/pork fresh spring rolls.




The pho was good. Maybe not the best I've ever had, but definitely really really good. I especially loved how the tripe was the thin shredded kind, and not the big lumps that they can sometimes give you. And the small portion was too large for me to finish! The spring rolls were also very big -- probably too much food for one person. The bill came out cheap, under $10 not including tip. I love that about these places. Good food on the cheap.

I'm going back for the Hue noodles next time.


Pho Ca Dao
5223 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego, CA 92115
(619) 326-1420

1 comments:

moonrat said...

duuuude. i havent had pho in at least three weeks. hmm. must remedy.

Post a Comment