Thursday, June 18, 2009

Friendly Downtown Eats: Neighborhood

A few days ago, C and I were walking around downtown SD when we spotted this cool little spot near Pannikin. It was a nice evening so people were sitting halfway out, and there was a nice little vibe going on inside. We decided that we had to come back and try it out, so that we did.

Neighborhood is the kind of place I would love to hang out on the regular. It has a solid beer menu (and I'm a beer girl) and a great menu of comforting eats that nonetheless seem just a little more special. Like a nicer American bar bistro. It's not that big and got pretty crowded soon after we sat down (we got there a little before 7 pm), so it's obviously pretty popular.

I wasn't feeling too well that day though, so I skipped the beers - next time! But I was craving a burger. With four different types of burgers that all sounded delicious, I settled for the Neighborhood Burger, which sounded exactly like the burger I had in LA at Father's Office: beef, arugula, carmelized onions and blue cheese. I ordered a side of mixed greens on the side. It wasn't as good as the Father's Burger, but given the way I was feeling at the moment, nothing could have tasted as good as it did in that moment. So it was pretty good. I'm dying to try the other burgers though.



C, who is veg, ordered a strawberry and spinach salad with these lightly breaded goat cheese balls. His salad looked delicious.



Afterwards, we agreed we'd have to go back another evening, and soon, as we both enjoyed the vibe and wanted to try other things on the menu!


Neighborhood
777 G St
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 446-0002

0 comments:

Post a Comment