Monday, June 1, 2009

Lunching in Los Feliz: Best Fish Taco in Ensenda and Figaro Bistrot

Two random meals I had in Los Feliz, where JML lives.

First, fish tacos at Best Fish Taco in Enseneda. These were the first fish tacos I ever experienced in SoCal when I came out to visit last year. I remember LOVING them, and so I had to go back and check them out again, just to see if they were as good as I remember. I ordered a shrimp and a fish, both deep fried and given to you plain in a tortilla. You get to go to the salsa bar and add your choice of mango salsa, pineapple salsa, spicy guac, regular salsa, beet slaw, lettuce, and white sauce. I put everything on. Um. Yeah. Still good. It's just so crispy on the outside and nice on the inside!



The next day for lunch, I went to this French bistro called Figaro Bistrot. I grabbed a table, a book and had a diet coke and nicoise salad. To tell you the truth, I was underwhelmed by the salad. I've had much better nicoises in the past. The quality of the tuna was just okay, and I usually prefer a few more beans and the use of red potatoes over the white ones they used, as well as kalamata type black olives, not the cheap kinds you find on your pizza. But the ambiance was nice and the rest of the food looked good. They have a lot of outdoor seating too, so I imagine it's nice on a nice day.



Best Fish Taco in Ensenda
1650 Hillhurst Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027

Figaro Bistrot
1802 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 662-1587

0 comments:

Post a Comment