Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sunday brunch: Roseville and Azucar

I've been meaning to try Roseville in Point Loma for brunch for some time now, so Minky and I decided to head over there on Sunday. The restaurant looks much bigger than seems on the outside. We were seated in a big cushy booth for the two of us.

First we started off with mimosas. Minky had the bottomless classic OJ mimosa, while I had a lavender honey blueberry one. Mine was so delicious! The OJ was good too.



For entrees we decided to share. First the lobster white corn crepe. This was delicious. The white sauce was buttery and rich, but still light, the corn was fresh and juicy and went so perfectly with the lobster. And who doesn't love a thin crepe to go over it all?



The other entree we shared was the omelette with spinach, mushrooms and comte cheese. This was also really good, not overcooked, eggs perfectly fluffy, and all around delicious.



We looked at the dessert menu, but decided we'd skip. I thought the brunch here was lovely, exactly what I look for in brunch food. Light but satisfying. I would definitely come here again. And I'd love to try it for dinner!


Since we'd skipped dessert, we went to Azucar over in Ocean Beach instead.

I ordered this thing called the Divina, which is white cake with passion fruit curd, raspberries, and vanilla meringue on top. It was very nice, tangy from the passion fruit, but very creamy with the marshmallowy consistency of the meringue.



Minky got the cinco leches, which I love. The infusion of milkiness with the crunchy texture of the toasted almonds is so nice. She also got a salted chocolate caramel which was good.



I also got a white chocolate banana bundt cake (not pictured) which was so good. Like a moist banana nut bread with melted white chocolate bits in. Delicious.

The desserts here are so solid. I have yet to try something here that I didn't think was delicious and inventive.

Lovely Sunday!


Roseville
1125 Rosecrans St
San Diego, CA 92106
(619) 450-6800

Azucar
4820 Newport Ave
San Diego, CA 92107
(619) 523-2020

0 comments:

Post a Comment