Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lunching in the Park: Prado

Prado seems like such a tourist attraction / theme restaurant / Disney-esque, that I'd never expect it to have decent food. But the last (and only time) I'd been to Prado prior to this visit, was when I first moved to San Diego and my mother and I had no idea where to eat. It was surprisingly good then for what it was. This time I went for lunch with a few friends.

I didn't get a picture of most of the meals since it was a slightly larger group, but since it was lunch, it was mostly sandwiches and salads anyway. A mushroom risotto, a portabello salad, two Italian meats sandwiches with artichoke olive tapenade, and a portabello sandwich.






As far as I can tell, they were all good, though unremarkable. The side of broccoli mandarin orange salad seemed like a good idea in theory, but in real life, I coulda done without the mayo.

Dinner, as far as I can recall, seemed a little bit more interesting, though again, nothing truly groundbreaking. Solid though, if pricey. Lunch seems pricier for what it is, perhaps. But especially with the outdoor dining, the location is fantastic. Who doesn't love being out in Balboa on a nice day?


The Prado at Balboa Park
1549 El Prado
San Diego, CA
619.557.9441

0 comments:

Post a Comment