Wednesday, July 1, 2009

NYC Water?: Village Pizzeria

New Yorkers say it often: "It's the water." We're told again and again that our tap is what makes things like bagels and pizza crust and corned beef what it is, and why anywhere else in the country can only hope to come close.

So when I passed by a pizzeria in Coronado that claimed to use NY H2O, I knew I had to try it.


My friend CM, who is veg and really healthy ordered a small Mediterranean salad - lettuce free, it had cucumbers, feta, olives, etc. It looked good.


I ordered some personal sized pizza called the SoCal or something. It had chicken sausage, diced tomatoes, smoked mozz, provolone, peppers and I substituted onions for artichokes. It was REALLY good. It was hard though, to tell if it was close to "NY style" without trying a plain slice. The sauce as far as I could tell was very oregano-y, which I like, and the crust was decent, but beyond that, rough call.


Verdict? Not sure if the water makes a difference, but the specialty pizza was yummy just the same.



Village Pizzeria
1206 Orange Ave
Coronado, CA 92118-3408
(619) 522-0449

0 comments:

Post a Comment