Tuesday, July 7, 2009

SoCal Wine Country: Smokehouse Restaurant at Ponte

CM and CJ and I went up to Temecula for a day trip recently, and decided to get lunch at the restaurant at Ponte Winery, called Smokehouse.

We were seated outdoors in the courtyard. It was a nice day and the courtyard was really nice, so this was great.



First we were given some bread with this green dipping sauce. I have no idea what was in this sauce to tell you the truth, but it was good.

CJ and I ordered two sandwiches, the portabella and the pulled pork sandwich. The portabella had red peppers, pears, arugula and goat cheese, and was really quite fantastic, though the bun was thicker than I'd like. I'd have preferred a ciabatta or even panini type bread instead of the huge brioche. The pulled pork was sweet and good, and had pickled onion on top. We got both with their sweet slaw, which had grapes in it, a nice addition.





CM got the grilled asparagus salad, with arugula, red peppers, and shaved gouda. He said it was good, and it looked delicious.



All in all, I'd say it was a great place to have lunch if you're in SoCal wine country. I love the ambience of being outside, and the cuisine is pleasant Californian fare.



Smokehouse Restaurant at Ponte Winery
35053 Rancho California Rd
Temecula, CA 92591
(951) 252-1770

0 comments:

Post a Comment