Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some Farmer's Market and Street Fair Food: Little Italy FM, OB Street Fair, Hillcrest FM

I went to the Little Italy farmer's market for the first (and probably last) time this past weekend. I was so excited to see the live sea urchin stand! I'm personally not a huge uni fan -- I'm still trying to acquire the taste for it, but I know plenty of uni fans and watching it live was pretty cool. And of course, I had to eat the free sample.







Then it was off to the OB Street Fair. For lunch I had aloha nachos (whale tail chips with white sauce, pinneapple salsa, hawaiian pulled pork and jalepenos).



Then I had a baby brie crepe. Brie, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms. Very yummy.



The next day I went to the Hillcrest farmer's market, and found me these little coconut pudding type dessert things at a Thai food stand. They had bits of corn and were delicious! Sweet and creamy, with the corn adding a bit of texture.



I love street food, don't you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment